Thursday, April 9, 2009

Judging A Book By It's Cover

* Note to reader - not a blogger so its my first time but april 7th 2009 has inspired me to do so.

Judgment-the ability to judge, make a decision, or form an opinion objectively, authoritatively, and wisely.

On the seventh of April I've realized that my judgment on a selected few was totally wrong . That day I was not only proven wrong but I was stunned by what I seen before my eyes . In front of me were about four young men who I thought were the most obnoxious and foolish boys in my sophmore class . Their conversations were so intellcutal, meaningful, and intriguing. Basically, convos that would teach you things, or make you realize and maybe understand whats going on right before your eyes. The one that surprised me the most was ''the loud one'' . At school he's loud or basically the kid that gets under everyone's skin, which made me not really wanna associate with him . But that day I saw a side of him I never knew actually existed inside of him . This showed me how not only me, but people in general got ''the loud one'' totally misunderstood due to what they see and not what they know. People basically judge people how they judge books. They either look at the front cover, back cover , or read the first page. People don't actually take the time to at least read the first chapter to actually know what the book is about because books do have turning points. But my point is not to judge a person from what you heard nor seen most of the time because people can surprise you just as books do.

''Happiness cannot come from without. It must come from within. It is not what we see and touch or that which others do for us which makes us happy; it is that which we think and feel and do, first for the other fellow and then for ourselves ." - Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment